Here is a video of the weather that hit us last night.
Saturday, February 9, 2013
Week 3 Post 2
The Internet has allowed me to improve communications. Mostly with my family in
other states and in other countries. We are now able to use Skype, Facebook chat
and Facebook video chat. We like the video chat options in order to see face to
face with family. The video just seems more personal by being able to see
eachother face to face. I would say I like it even more than just picking up the
phone. We also use video conference at work. We have 12 locations in different
states. It is a great cost saver. Our headquarters is based in New York. Using
the video conference has saved us thousands of dollars in airfare. In the past,
staff from all locations would need to travel to New York. Now its just a click
of a switch and we are all in the same room. My daughter even uses video
conference in one of her classes at school. One of there homework assignments is
to video in from home to a vitural classroom. Its an exercise that engages
parents and students to be involved. I did get volunteered to help assist with
this project thank to my lovely 12 year old daughter. LOL
Here is a video of the weather that hit us last night.
Here is a video of the weather that hit us last night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great Post. I agree that internet has definitely opened up the lines of communication. There are so many social networks and other technologies out there that make it easier for us to communicate with each other. Video conferencing was a big thing at the company I used to work for.
ReplyDelete